Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Friday 26 March 2010

Brighton Pub Licensee

Here is the finished picture of John Woodruff. His friends originally thought they would like him to be painted in a blue checked shirt which he usually wears around the Swan pub in Falmer but I decided that big blocks of unfussy colour were needed to pull him away from the complicated background. Also the colours of his waistcoat and red tie compliment the warm colours of the bar and the atmosphere of the pub. All it needs is a chunky gold frame around it which I'm hoping will be accomplished within the next couple of weeks and he will be ready to star in his own bar!

More Paintings of People

No comments:

Post a Comment