Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Friday 19 March 2010

Brighton Pub Licensee

Four more stages of John Woodruff's portrait. By-the-way, this is a surprise birthday present for him, so if you are following this blog and you also know who John is, don't tell him!! Having worked around the top I started to paint the Leffe lager pump. There is a lot of detail in this portrait and I had to work up courage to start on the second layer with the gusto it needed. I decided to work on the top left corner and keep going at it until I was happy it was finished. This took hours of work over two days and may not look like I've made much of a difference but glass is one of the most difficult things to paint (that and water). Finally I was happy enough to move onto the easier (!) task of making John look more lifelike. Keep watching... next time an item will disappear from the painting. Answers on a postcard please... (one hugely naff prize to be won).





No comments:

Post a Comment