Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Friday 13 July 2012

Three Collies Finished





Following on from the blog before last, these three collies have been transformed from right to left. Tess was already nearly finished but the other two needed many more layers of texture painted into their coats by using different colours (mainly blue, brown and green) and then painting thin layers of black or white paint over the top to knock back the colours. Using various fine brushes, I painted more detail on the eyes, mouths and noses; added the tags on their collars. I scrutinised the photos to make sure their markings were in the right places before finally adding whiskers and fine hairs with a rigger brush. The final photograph will be on my website in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment