Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Thursday 29 March 2012

Portrait of a Collie-cross





This lovely collie-cross, Bess, has sadly passed away but her memory will live on in this latest commission. Painted in acrylic on board, I first worked on the background before blocking in the main colours. After making sure her markings were in the right place I deepened the shadows and added other layers of colour to build texture so she looks lovely and fluffy. She'll look great in a frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment