Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Thursday 8 March 2012

Tabatha Cat Portrait




















This beautiful tabby cat is the subject of my next commission: an acrylic portrait on a square box canvas. I sketched her face onto the canvas and painted the background red as requested by the doting owner. I started with her eyes and nose, she has an amazing amount of different shades of green in those dazzlers! I painted black, burnt sienna and raw umber in the dark areas of her coat and used flesh tint, yellow ochre, cadmium yellow and white in the lighter areas, making sure I was putting her markings in the right places. After this first layer was completed I decided the fur on her back was too high so painted more of the background. There's still a lot more to do and those white whiskers are going to be a challenge but keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment