Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Wednesday 14 March 2012

Tabatha Cat Portrait

Tabatha has finally got her whiskers! Happily her coat has transformed from the last entry's blocks of fur to wild fluffiness. I flicked a wild concoction of colours into her coat using an old synthetic brush that separates when wet and kept building up layers of tabbiness. Her coat in real life may actually contain more grey, as some photos indicate, but because I've painted the surrounding colour red, I added much more warmth into her coat to reflect this. The red also contrasts well with the green of her eyes and I wanted them to stand out the most. The last thing I painted in were her whiskers (the trickiest bit!). She has incredibly long white ones that curl in all sorts of directions and one single white whisker over her left eye which is very cute. I think she's gorgeous!

1 comment: