Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Monday 8 December 2014

A Family Portrait in Oils

































This family portrait has come along well and is now finished. Since the last blog entry I have been painting in subtle glazes of skin tones. In these stages the changes are not so dramatic so I tend to work on it for a number of hours before taking a photo. It's a bit like 'spot the difference'! I have also taken this painting to my framer to see what kind of dark wooden would work and tomorrow it will be taken there to be finished off.

No comments:

Post a Comment