Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Friday 10 August 2012

Three Siblings - Acrylic Portraits


So Ed is the next sibling under the paintbrush and looking ghastly and ghostly in the first apparition on the blog. Yikes! Colour needed quick so an application of burnt sienna gave him a fake tan but he looked flat. The colours of the rainbow were next painted in the shadows, his hair and attention spent on the shape and colour of the eyes. Occasionally I turned the portrait upside down to ensure I wasn't losing the shapes (top tip: try it, it tricks your brain!). Lastly I used my fabulous new sword liner brush to paint the hair and all the complicated highlights. He's nearly there but I might be kinder to his complexion...

No comments:

Post a Comment