Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Wednesday 27 April 2011

Portrait of 3 Labradors in Pastel

















This is the story of a handsome golden labrador, Ted, and his beautiful wife, Pepper, who had a cheeky son called Paddy. They all lived happily together but their owner could never get them to pose with each other in one single photograph. So she came to me to place them all together in a family portrait. Ah the merits of artistic licence! So I've sketched out their faces on pearl grey Fabriano Tiziano pastel paper, size 70 x 50cm, and lay down the base colours. I have smudged the pastels into the paper, making sure there is no loose dust left over for me to accidently press elsewhere into the paper. Next I will build up the colours and details in their coats and I haven't yet decided whether to put a simple hint of a background in to draw them together ('scuse the pun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment