Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Thursday 5 March 2015

New Art Studio!


I moved into my new art studio this week - the outhouse is no longer a ramshackle old shed with creepers growing through the walls but a beautifully lit, warm space for me to work in!! I'm so chuffed, I have a new (old) oak plan chest bought from Ebay and restored by my stepbrother, two new easels and a huge canvas bought from a local antiques store and a little unit of baskets bought as a gift from my husband on Valentine's Day! There's a butler sink in the corner with hot water from the house, a mezzanine for storage and an ancient fruit ladder to get up to it. My old sound system is installed to play Radio 6 while I work, the phone signals and wifi just about reach and a new doorbell alerts me to anyone arriving at the house. I just need the electrician to install outside lights, security and a pendant lamp, the outside walls and paving need tidying up, some storage, a new table and I'm sorted. How lucky am I. I've been painting my latest commission in there and planning my Portrait Course into the evening and I think it's lovely. The cat's not so sure yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment