Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Monday 7 January 2013

Happy New Year!















Welcome to my blog and Happy New Year for 2013! This year has started full of promise - having moved into our gorgeous little thatched cottage just before Christmas I already have plans to update the kitchen and convert one of the outhouses into an art studio. New art classes are starting up, beginning with a 6-week Drawing Course in Storrington from Tuesday 15th January (see www.katesartclasses.com) and others are in the pipeline including watercolour and portraiture. I love meeting new people and it's exciting for me to see different people's unique expressions of their own artistic flair as well as having space to enjoy just being creative. I'm tutoring on the Pets Portrait Diploma Course for London Art College (see www.londonartcollege.co.uk) and am looking forward to helping new students develop their skills. I also have a number of commissions on the go despite losing my ranking on Google's listings late last year due to one of their algorithm changes (see www.portraitsofpeople.net). There's still a lot of work to do to get me visible again but the drop in the usual amount of Christmas commissions did enable us to move with a little less stress and we love our new place!! Wishing you creativity, health and happiness throughout 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment