Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Friday 19 February 2010

London Training Company Portraits

Here's Raj, looking darker but still a lot of work to do. At this stage I reckon I'm just about halfway through the portrait. The first layers go on easy and everything takes shape quite nicely. Now comes the hard bit: I have to add different layered washes to the face to give the skin its translucent look. So Raj will have to look seasick, jaundiced, angry and cold before I'm finished with him! I'll have to keep adding in detail as I go along and teeth are the hardest to get right.


For previously finished portraits click the link to view my website.

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


    Portrait Artists

    ReplyDelete