Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Wednesday 15 February 2012

Large Painting of Otto

Otto is coming along nicely: I've lost all the white canvas now and the fur is starting to look more 3-D. As you can see from the previous post, I'm painting the fur in quite a bit more detail than I usually do for a first layer. This is because I'm working on a big canvas and don't want to lose myself in the large spaces. Now the canvas is covered and I'm happy with the proportions of the dog I can start to embellish the detail, add more colours into the coat and correct the tonal values.

It's getting much easier now the days are getting longer, there's more daylight in which to paint which is great as I've got lots of lovely commissions lined up in my studio. It helps with the creative process to move away from the painting I'm primarily working on for a bit and work on another so I can come back with fresh eyes - I've now noticed a few bits on Otto that I need to attend to tomorrow! I'm also enjoying writing some new art classes which are filling up quickly. There are just a handful of places left on the two courses starting in Storrington at the end of the month and there will be a repeat of the portraiture workshops as they are now full. Please visit: www.katesartclasses.com for more information and come and join the creative crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment