Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Thursday 10 June 2010

Pastel portrait of Jazy

Jazy the cat is now finished and sitting very pretty. I have included the photograph I was working from in the bottom picture although I had other really sweet shots sent through via email for additional reference. In the second shot the picture was almost finished but at this stage I like to spray it with fixative and go over the drawing again to deepen the colours and enhance detail. Apparently Jazy recently returned home looking rather traumatised and with a kink in her tail. Ouch! Fortunately it seems to be straightening out again. Maybe she'll take a hint from her portrait and keep her tail hidden underneath her for a while.

1 comment: