Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Tuesday 20 April 2010

My Grandpa!

I haven't put up any photos showing how the portrait of my gorgeous grandpa is coming along recently (mostly because he's been sitting in my studio at that difficult I'm-not-sure-what-to-tackle-next phase). But in the last couple of days I attacked the background and have gradually worked my way around the canvas again adding detail to his jacket, the wood and finally his face. He's nearly finished but I need to return with fresh eyes tomorrow to spot where I can make further improvements. I have enlarged part of the painting so you can see (hopefully) the difference between one stage to the next. It's subtle, I know, for hours of work - but he's worth it!


More Family Portrait Paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment