Welcome to my pet and family portrait blog. If you have commissioned a portrait you can see how it is progressing. If you would like to commission me to paint your pet, family or friend then visit my site at www.katetugwellportraits.com
Fancy learning how to draw and paint? See my art classes website at www.katesartclasses.com


Saturday 30 January 2010

Portrait of the best grandpa in the world!

I have just started working on a large portrait of my grandpa. He will be 90 years old this year and he's still fit and full of fun. I've decided to place him on his favourite walking route on Windmill Hill in Alton although I nearly put him by Buttermere Lake which is his favourite valley in the Lake District. He loves walks in the countryside so that's where I'm putting him! It was difficult getting a good photograph of him and I'm having to use an amalgamation of different photos to get the right pose and facial expression along with his trademark 'Bill & Ben' hat.

More of my family portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment